10.04.2008 Vice Rector for International Relations Mikhail Pevzner and Head of International Relations Department Alexander Shirin carried on negotiations with representatives of Gotland University (Sweden) Stellan Sundh and Elena Varyukhina.
Possible prospects of cooperation between the universities in following areas were discussed during the meeting:
· Archaeology. Summer excavations for students from Gotland University in Staraya Russa and International field school for 2 students from Novgorod.
· Business Administration. Finance: finish research papers, explore further research cooperation between and develop one common course within financial economics. Two master students from Gotland University carry out field studies in Novgorod for Master thesis. Organization and Management: Repeating lectures from autumn 2007 (with possible updates) in Business Strategies for master students.
· Cross-cultural communications. Net-based courses of cross-cultural communication are offered to NovSU students. Project on Multicultural Integration: Project “Multicultural integration in the Baltic region by means of communication, education and entrepreneurship” financed by the Nordiska Ministerradet in cooperation with Tartu University, Estonia.
· English. Cooperation in research areas on the use of English language in the Baltic region.
· Russian. Involving of NovSU lecturers in web-based oral practice of Russian language to students at Gotland University. Also guest from Sweden took part in the conference «Problems of Interaction of Cultures in Conditions of Globalization of Economy» which took place in Institute of Economics and Administration.