Cross-Cultural Communication: Critical Incidents and Cases (3 cr., fall term every year)
Course Aim: to form the understanding of intercultural communication difficulties arising from communication between people of different cultures and subcultures, and possible ways to overcome them.
- to provide the necessary knowledge and skills of successful interaction with other cultures;
- to generate a sufficient level of cultural and intercultural competence to effective cross-cultural communication;
- to study types, forms, shapes, patterns, and structural components of intercultural communication;
- to master methodological tools of communicative behavior;
- to develop the features of communicative behavior in all spheres life;
- to apply the methods of intercultural communication.